Who doesn't love a nice authentic chili recipe. Chili isn't difficult to make at all, but it can take a while to cook. Below you will find three different beef and bean casserole recipes.
BEEF AND BEAN - CHILI
1 pound navy beans, cleaned and washed
1 pound lean stew beef, trimmed of fat and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
2 medium white onions, diced to 1/2 inch
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon jarred, diced garlic
2 teaspoons chili powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
6 quarts water
Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
- Take all the incredients and place into a slow cooker. Cook a low for about 2-3 hours letting the flavors mix together.
- Add a little tabasco sauce for a kick if you like.
- If the chili is to try, add a bit more water. If to loose, let it boil down a bit
Classic Chili Recipe
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
dash of cloves
2 large cans kidney beans plus juice
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons basil
4 cups tomato juice
1 can crushed tomatoes
Note: If you like it really spicy, you can increase the chili powder to 4 tablespoons.
- In a pan, cook the beef, garlic, and onion until meat is browned. Drain fat.
- In a crock pot, add all the ingredients including the spices. Mix in the ground beef.
- Cook on low 1 hour
Bean-less Beef Chili
2 lbs. lean boneless beef chuck
1/4 cup salad oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 green peppers, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes
1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
3 tablespoons chili powder
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons table salt
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
3 cups water
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese for garnishing
- Cut the beef cuch into inch cubes.
- In a pan, heat up the oil and cook the beef until browned. Remove beef from pan
- In the same pan, chop and cook the onions, green pepper, and garlic in the stock for 10 minutes
- Add thh beef cubes back in and add the can of tomatoes with liquid, plus all remaining ingredients expect the cheese. Bring to boil.
- Move ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 1 hour. Top with cheese